Friday, October 2, 2015

Why I Write

Phew! It's been a while since I've tickled the keys of my keyboard to compose a post. A lot of life has happened since May. Some of which I may share and some of which I won't. I return to writing with a new perspective on the content I have to offer. I find myself consistently asking myself the question, "Why am I generating any type of content?" My updated answer is childishly simple really, but it's been percolating internally for a while now, "Because it's something I like, enjoy, or feel is important."

This is in contrast to previous posts and writings. Sometimes consciously and sometimes not, I'd try to create content in an effort to garner a response. In other words, I was letting the audience dictate what I would or wouldn't say rather than thinking and creating content for myself. No, the intent is not to veer off into pure narcissism (there's already enough of that in this world). Rather, my goal is to think for myself and talk about things I personally find appealing, interesting, or evoke a response in me. If you happen to agree and would like to join the conversation you certainly may.

On occasion, I'll be talking to God and you get to listen in. Or I might rant against some recent tragedy or social issue. I might even share spiritual insights or lessons God has been teaching me recently. Consider yourself lucky to be along for the ride (or not, but you're the one who's chosen to take the time to read these words anyway).

To this end, you'll see a different shift and flavor in the posts. Don't worry. Some of the posts I've published already still do qualify as coming from me, but my expectation for interaction is lessened. We'll see where this new season of writing goes and now you know why I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment