Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hmm

Recently I've been pondering the question of purpose in life? What is it? Why does it take so long to realize what your purpose is? Who gives it?

I can't say as I've answered those tough and deep questions, but pondering them has definitely been beneficial. In an effort to see what others thought I even asked the question on Facebook. I received mostly "God" answers which was a helpful reminder of what true purpose looks like. So yes, I can answer that one. God is the One who instills in us deep-seated purpose. But is He more likely to direct a moving ship or one that is "dead in the water"?

I personally think He is more likely to direct the ship that is already moving towards the purpose He has in mind for them. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't simply wait for His direction. The key term or concept here is balance. But that doesn't make the waiting or uncertainty any easier. It does emphasize another concept that is very important when it comes to God, and that is trust. I do trust Him, so therefore I can wait or move as I feel He directs and be perfectly confident in Him.

I think I'm also dealing with God's timetable. I believe He has already given direction for my life in a certain area, but the issue of NOW is where the two ends don't meet. I want now, and God wants later. Oops, I guess He wins and I don't (which is ultimately how it should be). But I'm still free to ponder. I think writing things down has great value in this area of life. If God has led you in a certain direction in your life, write it down, so later on when you feel tempted to doubt or look at the waves around you, you won't!

So feel free to ponder, but keep on trusting, knowing that God's plan is the best for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment