Saturday, November 14, 2009

Recording

Why Hello There!

Boy am I tired. Why you may ask? Well I got from from recording a song with some friends a little while ago. The band is called Poormans Riches and it is headed by two very beautiful and talented sisters, who also happen to be identical twins. Alicia plays guitar and is the lead vocalist, and Renee plays piano and provides the background vocals. I feel extremely honored and privileged to work with them, as it is a joy to hang out with the band and simply be friends.

Dan D. is the electric guitarist, Ryan T. is the drummer and Nate S. plays the bass. Last night was an absolute blast as I got to spend time with the gang, simply getting to know them. Even though we attend the same college and occasionally play, well they play and I mix for them, it's pretty difficult to get to know them as individuals. Well while off recording, you sure get to know people a whole lot better. And what do I do you may ask? Well this time I was simply tagging along because I wanted to see what goes into a recording studio and how the whole process works. Though filled with information and fun times, I definitely learned that I enjoy mixing live sound much better than recorded sound. I'm sure I could learn how to do it and become proficient at it, but touring would be so much more enjoyable (at least so says the young buck right now). We'll see if God works it out so we can tour together, and then I'll get back to you whether or not, but that will be several years down the road.

God certainly helped the whole band out while recording Psalm 40, which was Alicia's original piece. We had some good prayer times trusting God for His best in this whole process. Overall the whole process went very smoothly and it was enjoyable for all! Praise God! And now we get to all go together and I get to "earn my money" (not really as this is a volunteer situation) mixing for them live tomorrow. I trust it goes well!

Here is Alicia enjoying herself on the drums!

No comments:

Post a Comment